Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 2, 2011





It all started Friday morning. I had a doctor's appointment at 7am. I started having braxton hicks contractions, which was normal. I had contractions that started around 36 weeks or so. Nothing powerful or painful. Just uncomfortable and often. I went to my appointment and was dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced. Which was a little softer than the week before. I was scheduled to be induced Sunday night. So the doctor and I talked a little about the process and details. I was induced with Kendal, so I knew what was going to happen. After my appointment I went home and had a normal day. Still lots of contractions, which again was normal. Friday night Tanner and I decided to go on one last date before Mylee's arrival. We went to the movies with a group of friends and during the whole movie I had more contractions that were a little stronger but not much. Didn't think anything about it. We got home and went to bed around 11pm. I woke up at 3am with contractions. But they still weren't that strong so I thought nothing of them. They were a little more powerful than the one's I'd been having Friday but I figured my muscles were just sore and tired. Around 3:30am they were closer so I decided to time them. Five minutes apart. BUT they didn't KILL me. Here's the thing....I was induced with Kendal...I didn't know what contractions felt like. I knew what they felt like on pitocin and those KILLED!! So these were NOTHING compared to that. After an hour of timing, I called my mom for a second opinion. She thought I was in labor and should head to the hospital. I talked with Tanner and we decided to go. We got to the hospital around 5:30. After paperwork and what not they checked me at 6am. I was the exact same as the day before. But because I was group b strep positive, the nurse was going to monitor me for 30 min and if nothing's changed she'd want me to walk around as much as I could. By this time my mom was there and Tanner went to go get breakfast. My mom and I walked around for about an hour, came back and at 7:30am they checked me. The nurse who was there when I first showed up was off her shift and I had a new nurse. This new nurse asked, "You were previously a 2, correct?" I jokingly said back "No, I was a 6" They nurse checked me and said, "Oh wow! You are a 6!" WHAT?!! They hurried and started my IV's and got the antibiotics for the group b strep going. And moved me to labor and delivery. I was SOOOOOOOO beyond happy that I was able to go into labor on my own! The funny thing is....I thought for sure labor would be a whole lot more painful! These contractions really weren't bad. And in between the contractions we were laughing and joking around. So I was BLOWN away about how EASY this was. Around 11am the doctor came and checked me still a 6, where as before the L&D nurse said I was a 7. Who knows. I was handling the contractions just fine. BUT....I was FREAKING out about pushing. With Kendal I pushed for THREE HOURS STRAIGHT and had a level 4 tear. (Which is the highest level for a tear.) And my doctor kept telling me how huge this baby was going to be. A 9 pounder. So I was REALLY nervous to go through all that again and the thought of FEELING it ALL....heck no! I ended up getting an epidural. Mylee was postierior so they put me on the "peanut" The "peanut" is a big exercise ball in the shape of..you guessed it...a peanut. I laid on my left hip and had this in between my legs, which opened my hips and allowed Mylee to get into position. After an hour the nurse came back to check on me. She had just started the check and said, "Oh wow! There's the baby's head. I had better call the doctor!" Once again, I was sooo surprised!! The doctor was there at 1:20pm and Mylee was born 1:29pm. I pushed through 4 contractions. 3 times each contractions for a total of 9 minutes! It was INSANE!!! SO SO SO EASY compared to Kendal! I did tear again. A level 2. So not nearly as bad, but I'm still recovering from that. Mylee Buck was 21inches long and 8pounds 14oz. She is PERFECT!! A head full of BLACK hair! Which was TOTALLY opposite from Kendal. The fuzz Kendal had was blonde. She was bald until she was 2! The thing that was the WORST....the after labor contractions/cramps! Oh my gosh!! Those were HORRIBLE!! 1000x's worse than the labor contractions! Wish I had an epidural for those bad boys! DANG!

Mylee is perfect in every way! She sleeps 6 hours straight....but I'm starting to wake her every 3 to feed her. She had a hard time learning to nurse, mainly cuz she wants to sleep. But I'm learning tricks to wake her up and what not. 

Kendal...LOVE LOVE LOVES Mylee. She always want to hold her and kiss her. She loves to do nose kisses, where she rubs her nose with Mylee's nose. Super cute! Mylee will be in the room sleeping and Kendal will randomly go in and rub Mylee's hair and then come back out in the living room and start playing again. I SERIOUSLY LOVE having 2 kids. Life is just AMAZING! And have I said how glad I am to not be pregnant anymore!! Gah! I dislike being pregnant VERY much! 

Well...that's the update for now! Time for mommy to rest :) (I'll do another post later with LOTS of pictures!) 

5 comments:

Christi Pobst said...

So Exciting Emily! I'm glad everything went much smoother with her and she is gorgeous!

Take care of your self!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Adorable! Great job! I am so glad to hear that everything went so well. I was induced with Liam as well and am so not doing that again if I can help it. She is beautiful! It made me cry when you wrote what Kendal is doing with little Mylee. That is so adorable! I wonder how Liam will react whenever we have another baby...?

SSToone said...

Glad you could labor on your own. Pitocin really is a beast and I think everyone agrees it is not a fun route! I still find it ironic that Beckham and Mylee measured the same! She definitely looks bigger than him though! Looks like you have another "Buck" baby!

McKelle said...

I'm so happy that you had a good labor! Nine minutes of pushing isn't bad at all. I only pushed for 30 seconds with Crue.....but that was after 40 hours of labor. :( She's beautiful!

Amy and James said...

Congrats! She is so cute.