Friday, April 15, 2011

2 Week Check Up!

I cannot believe my baby will be 2 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying by! We had her 2 week check up today. Her stats are
Weight: 8lbs 10oz 44% (still not past her birth weight, so we go back in a week for another check up. She had a hard time learning to eat, and still somewhat struggles. But I think she's fine. I just have tall skinny babies! Kendal was always under 50% so I'm not worried...anymore. Doctors always stress me out!
Hight: 22in 95% 
Head 15in 90%

Mylee is amazing. She has found her voice this past week and is really learning to use it. That and she's gasy so she's in some pain. I feel horrible cuz I can't help her. She is still trying to figure out nursing. She's getting a lot better. Maybe it's just me being nervous. She only eats like 5 or 6 minutes on each side (taking 15 minutes in between to get a burp!) But then she's fast asleep and NOTHING wakes her. She's very sensitive with eating. I do have to take her off and burp more than once. She gets a bubble in her tummy and if I don't take her off as soon as I hear it, she'll spit up....A LOT. Finding tricks to work around it all. 

Over all, we are doing great! I'm doing great! Getting a little tired from Mylee having her difficulties with nursing at night. But she's worth it. 

Kendal is still so in love with Mylee. I get a little stressed, due to my lack of sleep, with Kendal always wanting to touch Mylee. She is so soft, I just don't want Mylee waking up. But most the time she doesn't wake unless her diaper or clothes are being changed. I should probably relax a little. :) 

We are hopefully going to take some family pictures this weekend and Mylee's 2 week pictures. So sorry no pictures this post. But hopefully a ton next post!  

3 comments:

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Glad you and Mylee are doing so well. Hopefully you won't have any postpartum depression issues.

SSToone said...

Kinda sounds like my niece Halle. She would spit up a lot if my sister in law didn't hold her the right way while feeding and some other stuff. Also, she can't drink milk or eat chocolate while breastfeeding or it makes her daughter real gassy and cranky. Hope she starts gaining weight and waking up!

Emily Buck said...

Humm....maybe it's all the chocolate I've been eating!! haha