Saturday, April 9, 2011

One Week!

I cannot believe Mylee Girl is ONE week old!!! I am so in love with her! With in the last 2 days, she has found her voice and found her food source! I am so grateful that she has figured out how to eat. She eats every 4 or 5 hours and is starting to get aggressive with it. Where as before she would slowly start to eat and then once the milk would let down, she'd pull away and not want it. Squirting her in the face and making a mess! (Which was still cute:) This little girl has changed my life. I absolutely LOVE everything about have TWO kids. Especially 2 GIRLS! I loved having just one, the time we'd have together and all that I learned. But 2 kids definitely keeps me busy. Which I'm finding out, is EXACTLY what I need. After having Kendal, I sunk into a very deep depression. While Kendal was sleeping, most the day, I didn't do much or didn't talk to anyone. Which was very hard. Just sitting around all day for anyone can become very depressing. Even as Kendal grew, I loved everything about her. I just was still bored and lonely. With Mylee, I get to do the whole newborn stage and watching her grow all over again. But this time I definitely have something else to keep me busy! And I love it! I'm soooo much happier and soo much better off now. My patriarchal blessing talks about this. About how the Lord will show me more of what He wants me to do and be when I am busy and doing. So...I should have known this lesson before, but being lazy is SO much easier than being busy! :) I am more emotionally stable when I stay busy. 

I have also figure Kendal Girl out. She is the same as me. She has to be busy doing something or she gets bored and into everything. I said this in my last entry, but I've figured out the solution. I have done lots of crafts with Kendal before and she really loves it, I just never kept doing them consistently. For the last 3 days I have done crafts, gone to the park and visited Grandma and Papa Buck, Carly and McCoy. Life has been so peaceful and fewer fits. Now that I know what I need to do to keep me up and happy, I can become consistent and keep Kendal girl happy as well. 

For some reason she likes to salute people now! 
(I went to check on Kendal during naptime and this is what I found. I love how much she loves everything! She is so sweet!)

I absolutely LOVE watching Kendal love on Mylee. She is always helping me burp Mylee (which Mylee has the CUTEST burps EVER!) Kendal is ALWAYS rubbing Mylee's hair and saying something like, "Oh Mylee, I love you" or "Mylee, you're so beautiful/awesome." I love how positive she is around Mylee and how sweet she is. I know this may not last forever, but I have some ideas on how I can make it last longer than "normal" I have my own opinions on how to raise and not raise children. I don't know if they are 100% accurate, but I hope they'll help. I don't really want to share because of insecurities of knowing other people know more than me and bashing my ideas. So, to keep my spirits up and excited about the future, I will keep these to myself :)


Tanner is doing well. Staying busy with work and his toys. He's boughten a 3 wheeler and another motorcycle. (He sold his last one so we could get a down payment for the house.) He's learning more about the girls. He's never really had to take care of Kendal on his own. I always had her. Now there are times, like when I'm feeding Mylee, that I may need help with Kendal. (Due to Mylee struggling to figure nursing out and Kendal wanting to love on Mylee and my milk spraying everywhere, I got a little frustrated.:) Tanner is now able to see that and will take Kendal for a motorcycle ride. 

As for Mommy, I AM AMAZING! It's been a while since I just had a constant smile on my face. (Maybe not really a smile, but happy face.) For a while now, I've felt so negative and grouchy. But I can honestly say that I am truly happy and enjoying life! I am pretty sure we are done having kids, so I am trying really hard to soak in all that I can at the moment. I want to remember everything and enjoy life. I am tired of looking at the past and wondering why I was so mad all the time. No answer for that, I am just very glad my life has flipped and that Heavenly Father has sent my beautiful girls to Tanner and I. I love life so much!! 

2 comments:

Leeann said...

It is fun seeing you happy! I love the pictures of the girls! Please email to me. Keep having fun and enjoy your family.

SSToone said...

Glad to see you SO happy!