Monday, March 2, 2009

Day One of Meals

Alright, if you've read my last post, you know that I'm starting to meal plan. I've never done this so we'll see how long it lasts! It's taken me almost 2 years of being married to realize that I want to start cooking tasty meals. I know this is really hard to do if you've never done it, so I want to help all of you come up with ideas for dinners too! So as I cook the meals, I will also post the recipe for all of you to try! 

Tonight I cooked Apple Stuffed Pork Chops and Asparagus! YUMMY!!! These were soo delicious! Here is the recipe:


Apple Stuffed Pork Chops

4 boneless center cut pork chops, 1 1/4-inch  think
1 package ( 6ounces) stuffing mix for pork
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Preheat over to 425 degrees, line 10x15x1-inch pan with Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil ( for easy cleaning : )
Cut a pocket in each pork chop with sharp knife. Prepare stuffing mix following package directions. Stir in apple and cranberries; set aside.
Place chops in foil-lined pan; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Stuff each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing. Press to flatten. 
Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler. Mix brown sugar and butter; bush onto chops. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 5 to 8 minutes or until brown.





3 comments:

theSalongaFOUR said...

YUMMMMMMY! That looks SO good!!! I am definitely going to try it!!!

Christi Pobst said...

Looks delicious! Pork Chops are on sale this week too!

I try to plan meals, its been put on hold since I've gotten pregnant cause I hate to think about food.

SSToone said...

Beautiful presentation! I was going to blog what Chris made for us last night, it looked and tasted good - I still might but know that I'm not trying to steal your thunder. Asparagus is a favorite of mine and this is the season so it is reasonably priced as well. I always mean to post recipes but never get around to it...you may just motivate me. Nice work!