Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm still here and still cooking!

Ok so I've gotten busy and haven't posted! BUT I'm still cooking yummy dinners! Saturday and Sunday nights I forgot to take pictures. They were easy to make and very yummy.

On Saturday I cooked Cheesy Stake Sandwiches. There was a recipe but it was easier to NOT follow it : ) What I did was cut the raw stake into small strips, salt and peppered the strips and then cooked them in a skillet. After they were cooked how I liked, I placed cheese on top and placed it all on a hoagie-style bun. Oh ya, I also sauteed onions and had those too!  

On Sunday night I cooked French Onion Burgers. If you buy a can of Campbell's French Onion Soup, the recipe is on the back of that. BUT I'll go ahead and post it here. What you do is make your burger patties and cook them just so the top and bottom are brown. You then take the burgers out of the skillet. Poor off fat. Poor the french onion soup into the skillet and bring to a boil. After boiling return the burgers and cook, covered, for 10 minutes (or until no longer pink) on low heat. Take the burgers out and place on buns. Add your favorite kind of cheese. The remaining soup in the skillet use as dipping sauce for the burgers. Pretty simple!

And now on to last night's dinner! Broccoli Chicken Potato Parmesan Yummy! Here is the recipe!  

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick (I didn't have red potatoes so I just used brown)
1 package (about 10 ounces) refrigerated cooked chicken strips (didn't want to buy this so I just cooked my own chicken first and then sliced it up)
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
1 can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat oil in skillet. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Stir in chicken and broccoli. (After eating this meal, Tanner suggested steaming the broccoli first a little. It was kind of crunchy.)

Mix in soup, milk and garlic. Add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.


Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

your broccoli dish looks really good. I think I'll try and make it sometime! And I know the burgers were great! yum yum yum

theSalongaFOUR said...

Yummmmmmmmy. You make us all look bad!