Friday, March 6, 2009

Lots of Posts Today : )

Now that Kendal is taking another nap, I have time to post about dinner last night! Last night we had shrimp! I've never cooked it before and actually only recently did I try it. Before I was pregnant and married I was a VERY picky eater. Whether Tanner changed me or my pregnancy changed me, I now try MOST things. Here is the recipe from last night.



Fabulous Fast Shrimp

1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp shelled and deveined
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
Dash of cayenne pepper
Hot cooked rice
Paprika

Heat butter in skillet. Add celery, green pepper and green onions and cook until tender. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until done. (It wasn't even 3 minutes for me...the shrimp got done really fast)

Add soup, water and cayenne pepper and heat through. (I didn't use cayenne pepper because we didn't have any. But I did use this Cajun Seasoning that my good friend gave me.)

Serve over rice. Sprinkle with paprika

This meal was soo yummy! I totally feel like a chef now! Well, not only that but a better mommy/wife because of my cooking and cleaning I've done all week. Go me!! 

5 comments:

Randi said...

You are awesome!! I can't wait to try these meals when we're done moving this weekend.

You are such a strong and determined woman. I bet there nothing that you can't do once you decide to do it. I hope that makes sense. You inspire me.

Emily Buck said...

Thanks Randi! I'm really trying! I haven't been determined to do much in a long time so I'm making myself do it cuz being lazy is getting really old! : )

theSalongaFOUR said...

You are quite the wifey now little lady!
We LIVE off of white rice in my house, hubby being asian and all. So I am DEFINITELY going to try this recipe!!

Ginny said...

Emily just looking at your meals TOTALLY motivates me and makes me want to be a better wife! Our whole marriage (A year and a half) I have maybe cooked like 4 times!!! I feel horrible but i just keep telling myself that it's because we both have conflicting schedules and we work so much and so when Im a stay at home mom it will be a lot easier!! I guess there's no better time to try than now! Youre doing awesome!!!!!

Rachel said...

Wow you've been busy! Looks like you've been making some yummy stuff! :) I should follow your lead...