Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kendal's First Birthday!

Wow! Can you believe she is already one?! Man! I just had her yesterday!! It's crazy how fast this year flew by! The day before Kendal's birthday, we went camping. We haven't been camping since we were first married. It seemed every time we'd plan a trip, Tanner ended up in the hospital with his heart problem. Luckily, this time we were able to go. 

Setting up the tent!


Sweet Girl!



Starting the fire

Kendal wanting to help



Breakfast!




So these next few pictures deserve a story...Tanner and I went on a hike. We started down the path and then heard this loud rattle. Immediately I jumped back thinking I stepped on a rattlesnake. Luckily though, it was off to the side in the rocks. I have never ever had an encounter with a rattlesnake so I freaked!! Of course Tanner, being the pest that he is...started to throw rocks by it to make it mad. Tanner asked me if I wanted to see how the rattlesnake attacks...he then threw his hat by the snake. Luckily though, the snake was already on it's way under the rocks and didn't see. Man! I was so scared that when a BUTTERFLY flew by me and I jumped and screamed! Ah!! lol 


Kendal didn't want to ride on Daddy's shoulders...she wanted to walk with us.


We got home around 3 or so on Kendal's birthday. We rushed around to get food and decorations for the party. I never seemed to stop rushing around until 10pm that night! AH! So unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, luckily my mom brought her camera and took some! We had lots of fun with everyone who came! Thanks for everything!! 

Kendal's Birthday....She liked putting her foot in the sprinkler 


Loves Uncle Ben!

Kendal's Cakes!!

What do I do with this?!?


Scared hahaha

It got on her toe and she got mad!!



She liked opening the gifts much better!

I tried to upload a video of her eating the cake..but I think it was too long...oh well, pictures are great too! 

Now that Kendal is one I kind of wanted to go through and talk about all she does now! 

She's been walking for 3 or 4 weeks now! 
She is using her sign language and uses it properly. She can sign milk, more, eat, all done and we are working on please and thank you
She sings with me as I rock her to sleep
She reads me the books instead of me reading them
She is non-stop. Always on the go. Loves to explore and figure out how things work
She talks all day long and can play all day long with out me having to be there with her to help entertain her. (Which is amazing! She's always been like that though)
She LOVES animals. Mostly dogs...she sees a dog and either starts barking or saying dog. Sometimes she'll do both :)
She is big into mimicking. Any noise we make, she copies. Sometimes she does it with words too. It's the cutest thing! Tanner clears his throat...so does Kendal. Tanner burps....Kendal mimics the sound. If Tanner and I are in different rooms trying to get the others attention by saying their name really loud...Kendal does the same. DAD! DAD! Until he answers 
She LOVES to cuddle! 
And she LOVES her Daddy!! 



3 comments:

Stefany said...

She is SO STINKIN' ADORABLE!! ONE already!!!?? Woo hoo!!! Time for the next one right?! Hahaha! This is when the questions will start pouring in........WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE COMING? hahah! Have fun with that!

Steven and Chelsea said...

She is getting cuter and cuter every day!! I'm sorry we missed the party! It looks like you had a blast :)

Bryan and Katie said...

thanks emily!!! So glad you liked them : ) thanks for letting me steal pictures too! : )
**Happy Birthday Kendal!**