Monday, July 27, 2009

Bye-Bye Facebook

This weekend I have decided to get rid of some things in my life that are a distraction. If I want to improve my life, there are things I need to do and take out of my life. Facebook is one thing. Friday or Saturday, while Kendal was napping, I jumped on facebook and was looking around at all my friends. I realized that facebook has become like an addiction to some people, updating their status every 10 minutes about everything they are doing. Or just sitting online for hours wasting time they could be spending with family or doing their family duties. In result of noticing this, I canceled my facebook account. I have mentioned on my facebook how BORED I am...well have you ever noticed that I'm bored while sitting on facebook? I only get on when Kendal is sleeping, which naps are like 2 hours, and I just sit there staring at the screen for two hours...who WOULDN'T be bored? DUH! Get off the computer and quite being idle. We have be told that. Do not be idle. Well, I put this into action yesterday and what a change in my little family. No one was just sitting on the computer while the other was taking care of Kendal. We were playing together and getting things done that needed to be done. It was a great feeling. I just wanted to inform some people on why I have made this decision. I hope people will respect my decision and support me. I plan to keep updating my blog. Don't you worry, I know everyone loves my family! hahahaha I think blogging is awesome. My grandma in Utah and every other family member who is out of state, I know loves to see what we are doing and blogging is a great way to do it. It takes just a few minutes to type something up and posts some pictures. This is my decision and I know it will strengthen my family because we will be spending more time together. Take a look at yourself...it could help too : ) 

5 comments:

theSalongaFOUR said...

Aw, good for you Em! :]
I support your decision. :]

Stacy said...

totally makes sense. i am not on facebook much but I know there are other things that are total distractions. Thanks for being an example Emily. So when are we going hiking?

theSalongaFOUR said...

Hey Emily, also can you email me? Jessicasalonga@gmail.com

I want to get some stuff worked out for our shoot. :)

The Rector Clan said...

I agree that facebook is a waste of time...the only time I am on facebook is when I am at work on my iphone because work is boring. LOL. But when I get home I don't even want to look at the computer, so I guess that helps that I am on the computer all day at work. :) I'm sure once the baby comes I'll be joining you in the non-facebook world. :) Good decision!

Stefany Pew said...

Not gonna lie Emily......when I read this post just now, I felt extremely lazy. So I got up and cleaned my kitchen, which has been dirty now for 2 days! But now I'm back to the computer updating stuff and emailing people. Hahaha! I'm motivated, but not willing to quit facebook! Hahaha! You're stronger than me!