Sunday, July 19, 2009

I love doing crafts!

I decided this weekend that I enjoy doing crafts. Yesterday I held a baby shower for a good friend. Trying to decided what to get her for her shower, I remembered what another friend made me. I called my friend and asked for instructions on how to build this present. After making this gift, I was pretty excited about the outcome! It was my first time being really "crafty" and I really, really enjoyed it! Well...here it is! A diaper cake!

(My friend's theme for her baby room is the rainforest. I thought the frog went cute with that. Plus she said it's her favorite animal!) 
 



And a HUGE HUGE thanks to my hubby for staying up late and helping me roll the diapers and put it together! I love you babe!! 

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the diaper cake. I have made a few but they don't compare to how cute yours is with the flowers! You mentioned you had received one too, I have a question: were the diapers tough to use, all rolled up like that? I am always afraid they'll sit too long and be hard to get flat.

Rachel said...

That is ADORABLE!! Nice job guys! I hope the baby shower went well!

Emily Buck said...

Andrea....the diapers were just fine. I bought newborn diapers so it's within a couple months they get used. I think I didn't use the diapers I received until Kendal was 2 or 3 months old, I actually wanted to keep the diaper cake a diaper cake but Tanner said no lol But ya, the diapers were fine : )

Brenna said...

Wayyyy cute I am impressed with your craftiness! And thats your FIRST one?!?! Wow!

theSalongaFOUR said...

Great gift lady! It looks so cute with the leaves and flowers. :]

My theme is "guess how much I love you"... wink wink. :]