Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Being A Better Mommy

As I was falling asleep the other night I realized something. I'm kind of a sucky mom. I'm pretty selfish and get annoyed by little things that my kids do. (Mainly Kendal because she knows how to push my buttons.) But we had an experience a few weeks ago that I'm still learning from. Finally, after letting go of the hurt and anger, I can take it as a lesson. A few weeks ago we were out and something happened where Kendal got hurt, physically but probably more emotionally by someone she loves very much. Kendal came to me crying on this specific day and I was too busy doing something else that I didn't even stop to find out why. I just assumed she was trying to get attention...which is pretty common on busy days like this one. So I ignored it. A few days later she had said something to me about this day I'm talking about and she told me the reason why she had been crying. My heart was broken. I cried for several days about this. Mainly because I have pushed my kids to the back burner while I try to fix myself. (Yes, it was necessary for me to do so a little because I had some MAJOR fixing to do.) But I didn't expect what happened and it totally shocked me. I looked back at that day and realized if I would have payed a little more attention to Kendal, I could have solved the problem on the spot. But instead I was too busy for her. I felt sick to my stomach for days. From that experience I have decided to devote my days to my kids. I play with them all day. During nap time I sit and snuggle Kendal girl, wash dishes and write up my daily blog post. (Mylee naps for 3+hours!!) Anyway, I'm trying my best to teach my girls. I have a bad temper and I don't want my girls learning my ways. I'm trying very hard to be way more patient and not getting so annoyed so quickly. It seems when I push my girls to the back burner, again I really mean Kendal, Mylee isn't really high maintenance yet, she KNOWS how to set me off. She is a stinker. But yesterday and today we've had WONDERFUL days. Since I've decided to post daily for a month, I'm keeping my camera on me...which then helps motivate me to actually do something worth blogging about. So...on to today's adventures!

This weekend and all next week is going to be above 100 degrees!!! NOO!!!! Although in a way I'm ready for it. We bought season passes to Wet N' Wild so once summer hits, it'll finally be opened during the week...right now it's only opened on weekends. So this week I'm trying to keep the girls outside until Mylee's naptime. This morning we went on a short bike ride over to some land that had donkeys and a bunch of goats. We played there for probably an hour. Calling for the donkeys and horses to come over and then going and seeing the goats and feeding them some grass. The girls really love being outdoors. I didn't want to bring my big camera on the bike ride so I just used my camera phone for these pics!
Calling over the horses and donkeys!


 I loved watching the girls try to pet through the fence.






We found a horseshoe.

Down a little ways from the donkeys were some goats.




Yes, the goat was eating her toes and she thought it was hilarious!






After our bike ride we came home to play with my favorite thing...SHAVING CREAM! I love this stuff. Yea, it looks messy...but it's so EASY to clean up! And it's so much fun!.




Mylee's first encounter with shaving cream!

Uh...not too sure about it! Look at her face!! haha


 Now she's getting into it!!







She kept trying to eat the shaving cream about 10 after playing so we changed activities.



 While Mylee played, Kendal helped make mac and cheese for lunch!



 Mylee LOVES playing under the little desk we have in our house. She is always under it!
 Oh...and she loves her blanket!!
 Her new move she's learned!
Kendal got jealous of me taking pictures of Mylee haha

After naptime we had a dance party, played the XBOX a little, and went swimming. Mostly it was me trying to keep the girls happy. They were pretty fussy and me trying to patient was having a hard time. 




 Mylee LOVES this dog!


 playing some XBOX





I'm so glad I've decided to post daily...or at least try to. We are doing more "memory making" moments. 

No comments: