Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bad Day Gone AMAZING?

I think so! This morning when we woke up, both my girls were GRUMPS! We went running with Carly again and afterwards...they were both drama! I sat on the floor playing with Mylee, while she still was throwing fits, and then Kendal girl....Ugh! She just was not having anything. Didn't want to play, no movies, no PAINTING (she loves to paint and I hardly ever let her) They were just monsters. Instead of ignoring them like I usually would, I ending up texting one of my good friends to see what she was up to. Do you know what she was doing? She was being awesome! She was at the park playing at the splash pad with her two kids. I hurried and packed my girls up and went to meet her. My girls just run wild for an hour. Kendal had a BLAST just running all over the park. And Mylee loved climbing up and down the stairs.

This daily post challenge is totally helping me be an awesome mommy like my friend. I would have just sat around all day, taken NO pictures, done NOTHING fun. But instead, I was committed to make a good day for my girls. No more just sitting around watching movies and ignoring them. All they do is whine when the days goes like that. But why blame them? It's BORING! Already after 3 days, I'm learning. Silly how the blogging daily is doing that for me. BUT I am making sure we do stuff that's worth taking photos of and then blogging about. So thank you Miracle, yes that's her name...she's also my miracle today, for being an awesome mommy!

















Guess what?! BOTH my girls took a 1 1/2 hour nap today! Bad day...getting MUCH better!

Shortly after Tanner got home from work, I noticed we weren't doing much and he was busy with stuff so the girls became very needy. They wanted to play so I decided another bike ride would be fun. This time I let Kendal ride her own bike. (Our last bike ride yesterday she wanted to ride in the bike stroller) I tried to put a blanket on top of the bike stroller to help block the sun, it did a pretty good job.

 I was wearing a hat and sunglasses, so Kendal had to be like me :)
 Playing follow the leader
 While on our bike ride, Kendal crashed. HARD. I don't know exactly how it happened but I heard her hit the bike trailer (on the side) and then say "oh no!" by that time I turned to see her biff it totally hard. I hurried and laid my bike down and ran to her. I picked her up and just held her. I felt so bad because she really crashed hard. I swear she had broken something. She was limping pretty bad. But she only cried for a few minutes and then got back on her bike and kept on riding. She's such a tough girl. 

 After our bike ride I got Kendal and Mylee a treat. Kendal a Popsicle and Mylee and apple!


While on our bike ride I noticed some big black clouds coming in.
I looked on the weather channel online and it said "sunny" no chance of rain. Um...those look like rain clouds to me. When we got home we had our treat and decided to stay outside. Soon enough we started hearing thunder. And then a storm hit! We had fun dancing and playing in the rain. It doesn't rain often here, so when it does, we are out in it!

 Kendal likes rocks. Some rocks are in the shape of a phone. So she plays "happy birds" on it...you know, instead of angry birds! 
 Mylee playing in the rain!
Dancing! Sort of!

To finish off our day, the young women from my church brought us dinner. FOR NO REASON AT ALL. I felt so blessed to have such a kind act of service given to my family! I really appreciate it! 

So, what could have been a horrible day turned out great. I didn't let the whining bother me and decided that the girls needed to get out and play. And because of that, our day was great!

Oh ya, something to remember, after I got home from running tonight, I walked in the door and Kendal came running to me. She should have been sleeping but she was waiting for me to come home. She gave me a big hug and kiss and said "I missed you while you ran. I love you." Melted my heart! I've had a hard time with her. She's my first child so she's the "test" child. I'm finding the more we play, the better I understand her and the happier she is. I love this girl. She is such a blessing!

3 comments:

SSToone said...

Sounds like a tender mercy kind of day! Glad things are going well. Love Kendal's swimming suit btw.

Leeann said...

You did a great job making the day great! The pictures are beautiful!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Great job! I mean seriously can you be any more of a good example. I don't think so.