Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kendal's First REAL Hair Cut!

Well...almost 3 years of Kendal's hair growing...I thought it was about time for a cut. Her hair is always soo knotty in the mornings and just a pain to brush. So...off it went! I wasn't too sad over this. More excited for less work with her crazy hair! 

The morning of the hair cut:
Kendal gets a little nervous when it comes to new things. She'll still do them...just hesitant at first. So after her morning shower, I took Daddy's hair scissors and showed her what Miss Anika was going to do. I explain that it doesn't hurt at all and after wards her hair will be so pretty. When we got to the salon, she kept saying she was scared. We've been really working on making Kendal use words to describe feelings instead of crying, DRIVES ME NUTS! So now with everything..."this makes me sad" "this makes me happy" she is always telling me. It's great though! Anika took us back and Kendal was scared to sit on the booster seat on the chair. We had to slowly work with her and little by little she got in the chair and put her "super hero cape" on. 
Before. 


You can tell in the photo that Kendal was a little nervous about what Miss Anika was going to do. But Kendal didn't cry like I thought she would! 



Miss Anika let Kendal hold the pink spray bottle. It helped Kendal sort of hold still....she is just a busy bee!




Getting her hair blow dried! 

She was smiling at herself in the mirror...I missed it though!
 Kendal loves to sweep and wanted to help clean up her hair.

I love how social Kendal is. She is always so happy and loves meeting new people. The whole time Miss Anika was cutting Kendal's hair, Kendal was just chatting away. Funny story....towards the end, Miss Anika spun the chair a little and Kendal says "Whee..that was fun" So Miss Anika spun it more and Kendal fell over. Kendal goes on to tell Miss Anika that spinning the chair like that is "dangerous"!! Oh the things these kids pick up! 

After!
She's got the best smile! When it's not FORCED! 



Isn't the cut so cute! I love it! I can't wait to see what her hair will look like in the morning! Hopefully not like a rat's nest! :)

6 comments:

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

WAY CUTE :) I just have been trimming kaylee's hair but i really need to get hers actually cut to get it even

cierra said...

Tell her its very pretty!!! Love it :)

SSToone said...

Very nice! I've had thoughts of cutting McKelle's hair. Obviously it won't happen until she requests it later in life but I do invision it!:) Looks very low maintenance!

Leeann said...

Such a cute blog post! I love all the pictures and Kendal's big smile! I love her hair cut!

Katherine said...

Looks adorable! How fun that you documented it!

The Pritchard Party said...

I love it! It's pretty! You're such a good mom for being patient with her and working with her to TELL you how she feels. The screaming and whining drives me nuts too. ugh... pet peeve!