Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 5 of Swimming Lessons!

Kendal did really well on the last day! Still screams the whole time! But she swam across the pool and jumped off the diving board several times! We could have done another week...but couldn't afford it. It was only $40 for a week...but couldn't afford another. But it's ok because I learned what I needed to teach Kendal and Kendal learned how to swim! It's so fun to watch from day 1 to day 5 and see the progress! 
















I have another video but it looks like it is too long to post on here. Check it out here! But for now here is Day 5! Is did so well and I'm so proud of her! Yes...she did kick and scream the whole time BUT she is already doing better with swimming when I take her! On Saturday we went to my parent's house and went swimming. She learned how to go under water ALL BY HERSELF. Grandma Leeann also bought Kendal a tube. After swimming all day, Kendal got brave enough to jump in all by herself with her tube on! The last time though...she wanted to show Grandma and Papa that she could jump in...she tried to jump OVER a live bee that was slowly drowning. Well, she jumped in and with the splash the bee landed on Kendal's arm. Of course Kendal freaked out, and when she did, the bee stung her. I jumped in and got her to the stairs. The bee's stinger was in her arm. Luckily it didn't swell at all and I had to force Kendal to sit for 5 minutes so we can keep ice on the sting. She was a trooper and wanted to go back playing after we took the stinger out. She's one tough cookie!
Here's a short clip from my phone of Kendal jumping in!

1 comment:

cierra said...

We need to start swimming lessions for elias! lol GO KENDAL!