Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day ONE of Swimming Lessons!

I had better hurry and post about each day because today is already day 2 and it was WAY better than day one!! It's so much fun to watch my girls grow! Being a mommy to two girls is so much fun! I decided to put Kendal in swimming lessons, really the only reason is because I needed to get her out of the house! She is SUCH a busy bee! She just loves doing new things and learning all about it.

With swimming, we've been trying to explain that she needs to learn to swim JUST IN CASE she were to ever fall in the pool and no one is there to "save her life" (She's big on saying that recently. Probably got it from a show) Anyway, I really don't think she will ever be unattended near a pool, mainly cuz I'm so paranoid about her drowning...but I honestly think a lot more people should be as paranoid as me....just so we don't have to hear on the news how many drownings there are! Makes me sick!

Day one of lessons was....um....she screamed the whole time! When she first went in the water, she was really enjoying it. Listening to the teacher really well. Then it came time to go under water...that's where it blew up! After that she no longer wanted to swim! Screamed bloody murder...really...I have a video of it below! I've NEVER heard her scream THAT loud before! Poor thing! But, she has to learn! I thought I'd be such a baby when I'd hear and see Kendal struggling to swim. But I guess I'm not as paranoid as I thought! The lady teaching is really great with Kendal and really has figured Kendal out, which helps Kendal calm down and listen. I'm glad we're doing this!

Here are some photos of Day 1!
 My babies are so pale....got to lather up in sunscreen!


Kendal "relaxing" before her turn!


 Kendal's new friend. Mr. Turtle....forgot the turtles real name.


Walking along side the pool...we call it the "monkey" Mrs. Julieann calls it the "choo-choo" :)


Learning to kick. See...she's not screaming...yet!




And then it happens...time to go under the water! Mrs. Julieann showed Kendal first and then had Kendal do it.




"Mommy, SAVE ME!"


The kids in the class get 3 10ish minute turns. After their turn, they are encouraged to stay in the floaty and kick around until their next turn. Day one...Kendal said NO WAY!


Daddy tried pushing her out but she came right back and climbed out!


My sweet baby girl! She is seriously so awesome!


Kendal didn't mind playing on the steps after her first turn. But after her second she wanted to snuggle.


After her first turn....she was still pretty happy. Sat on my lap for a few minutes and then wanted to play on the steps.


More swimming!


And more going under....




After her second turn! She wasn't so happy anymore! (I sort of look mad...but I didn't realize Tanner was taking another pic :)


Round 3. She's crying!


Here is a video of her swimming....not sure what round this was. I think during her second turn!

All in all, she did pretty good for her first day! I'm excited to see how she does Friday after having a week of lessons!

No comments: