Sunday, July 3, 2011

I don't know where to start typing...but I have a lot to write tonight. It seems the last month or so, I sunk into another depression. I had done this after having Kendal and it lasted almost 2 1/2 years. I got better and I watched myself slip again. I'm not sure how I was able to get out of it so quickly, but I'm back out of it again. Even though I suffered a very long and hard day with a very high fever and now getting strep or something. I still feel I am able to keep my spirits up...unless I only get 4 hours of sleep like I did last night. Not because of Mylee...but Kendal. She is having such bad terrors now. I feel so bad for her. Scared of things that aren't there. She is scared even in daylight! Trying my best to be patient with her. I feel I can connect with this because when I was younger, I did the same thing. 

Back to this depression....I had a revelation this week. In 3 months I will be 25 years old! That is OLD! When I look in the mirror, I still think of myself as 18 years old. I think me realizing that I will be "old" really helped me mature over night. Crazy to think about, but glad it helped me. Something else that has helped me was realizing how fast time is flying and how fast things change. When Kendal was little, I used to rock her to sleep. When she hit a certain age I began to dislike this. I go so frustrated with the fact that all my friends' kids could fall asleep on their own. But my Kendal, she need to be rocked for an hour. The other day, and probably after a year of not rocking Kendal to sleep, Kendal woke up from a nap and rushed to me to have me pick her up. As I held her, craddling her, rocking back and forth, I realized HOW BAD I missed that! She has grown so much since I last held her like that. I started crying as she fell back asleep. Why did I ever care so much about how she got to sleep. I really am punching myself now. I now take all the time I can do be with her. 

With this, I'm realizing that there is a lot of things I want to do as a parent with my children. I haven't been the best mom do to anger issues, but I am learning and really managing that anger. I want my girls to know who their Savior is and what He did for them. I want them to know with all their heart that He loves them and is there for them. We started listening to General Conference talks and Kendal is really liking The Testaments. I love how only after watching it one time, she knows what's going on. The sign of Jesus' birth, Jesus being baptized and so on. It really makes me happy to hear her talk about Jesus. We have decided to not let her watch movies anymore. Thanks to Toy Story, Kendal has called me a "stupid idiot" and thanks to Nemo she's told me she "hates" me. Obviously she does not know what that means...but I definitely do not like it. Besides...she plays a whole lot better and listens better when the TV is off. It's nice. 

My wonderful husband, Tanner, got a new job! He was hired before he even applied! It's so funny the way things work. Tanner has been wanting to get a new job for quite a while now but really hadn't done much about it. About a month ago he heard about this other job through a guy at his current employer. Tanner applied for it but didn't get it. But with Tanner applying for it, big bosses at Desert Mountain, his current job, heard that he wanted to move up. So last week, Tanner's supervisor gave Tanner's name to a Vice President of a different golf course who was looking for a head mechanic. The VP called Tanner and that same day we went out and met some people who worked at the golf course. After leaving, Tanner called the VP back and said "I'll take the job" and got it right like that! It truly was amazing. This new job, Tanner will be the only mechanic and will be able to run the shop how he wants to. No one there to boss him around. He can make the calls on everything. This is exactly what he needs! Once again, funny how things work. I'm so thrilled for him!

With a new job, comes a move! We looked and looked for a nice place. There are only a handful of RV parks in the valley and of that handful we found ONE that is nice. The one bad thing about living in a trailer is that most people who live in trailers...are redneck...and not a funny nor good kind. This new place we found is a mobile home park that has a few hook ups for trailers. They have one spot opening the first of August, so that is when we move! Very excited because at this new place, there is a park, pool and a laundromat. 

Kendal has been fussy lately. Not just because she got sick...but because we haven't been loving her in the way she needs. Her "love language". Now that I've realized this, it's going better. Day by day it'll get even better. We do have bad days though. My fault for sure. I get caught up in the world and I really forget what really matters.

Kendal loves to play with playdough...and I never really get it out for her, but with me spending more time with her, we have gotten her crafts and such out again. 




She thought it was funny that she made the farmer look like Uncle Tim.  (He has dreads)


Kendal likes to take showers now. She found out that by plugging up the drain, she can also take a bath! I went to check on her and the tub was almost FULL! Oops!
Mylee loves to lay on her side. She comes very close to rolling over...but she's not quite there yet!



Mylee girl is 3 months old!! I cannot believe it's been 3 months already! Here are a few shots we took...I want to take more when she is happier! :) Love this little girl. She is seriously the best baby ever! After I feed her, I lay her down with some toys. I usually play with Kendal or get some things done. The next thing I see, is little Mylee fast asleep. Totally opposite from Kendal. I had to rock Kendal to sleep and if she woke up she would be sooo grumpy. Little Mylee, if she gets woken up...and that's a big IF, she's a heavy sleeper, she can comfort herself back to sleep. It's SOOO nice! 




I absolutely love this little girl. She is just the happiest baby. Always smiling at me..unless I have a camera! She's learning already! I thank my Heavenly Father every day for her. 

Mylee was still having difficulties nursing, so I tried another nipple for a bottle and she took it! I now pump and she eats from a bottle. It's nice to see how much she eats. And I'm realizing she eats so much better now that she eats from a bottle. It's very nice! 

Mylee is also talking up a storm! We haven't gotten a very good video but here is a cute video of her being a little crazy. 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love to see your girls. You are a great mommy! Sounds like big changes are coming. We think of you often.