Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kendal is THREE!! July 22nd was her birthday and we had a big party for her! I'm so grateful for all our friends who came to help celebrate Kendal with us! She is such a WONDERFUL little girl and we had such a wonderful party for her!

Grandma Leeann made Kendal a special cake! Grandma let Kendal lick the mixing spoons! YUM!






The inside of the cake. Very yummy!

The master at work! 
(I guess I never got a photo of the finished product! I'll have to see if my mom did!)


 At the party, we went swimming and had a BBQ. Pretty simple for a hot summer day!








Kendal's party was a princess party. Her and her "boy friend" as she calls Jay...She doesn't really know what a boyfriend is...just the fact she can't remember Jay's name and he's a boy. I think it's pretty smart!

























Opening presents...Kendal was half alseep!! It was funny to watch her cuz she had no expression the whole time! Such a tired little girl. But the day after the party she sure had fun taking all her stuff out of boxes and playing!










 Love her outfit? I tried to make it look "princess-y"


My mom has really bad feet...so after a long day of being on them she iced them. And of course, my curious daughter wanted to see what it was all about!


Everything is out of order on here but oh well. Here is another shot of how Mylee sleeps. She's not quite asleep here, almost though.


For some reason I love this photo below. She is ready for her nap and yet still flashing smiles! We LOVE our "Smiley Mylee"!


She's getting really good at grabbing EVERYTHING! She even grabs with her toes! Daddy leaned over to give her a kiss and she started touching his whiskers with her toes! It was so cute!


Mylee has been playing with her toes for a little while now. I've just had no time to myself so I haven't been able to blog. But for some reason, Kendal decided to lay on my lap today and take a nap!! BEAUTIFUL day! She NEVER EVER NEVER takes a nap. I'm soaking in this quiet time for sure!!




When I was trying to take a picture of Mylee playing with her toes, SOMEONE got a little jealous, wonder who? Kendal went and pouted in the corner. I asked her to turn around to look at me so I could get a picture of her and this is what she looked like when she turned around. She is hilarious! (She likes to be in her panites. Probably cuz it gets a little warm in our house. I don't mind. No one ever comes to visit)


Kendal's new trick. Well not really new, about a month ago she learned this on her own. Now she does it ALL THE TIME! Crazy girl!




This chore chart has saved my life! For the past month, Kendal has been sick. Luckily she is over it all now, but last month was a VERY trying month for me! Even though I knew she didn't feel well, her whining and crying really bothered me. Anytime I asked her to do something, clean up her toys, she cried. Ah! So with the idea from a friend, I made this chore chart! It really has flipped everything around. She doesn't throw fits, unless she's tired. But that's whatever. Her chores consist of:
Eating all her meals
Making her bed
Brushing her teeth
Putting clothes away
Taking a shower
And some other ones I can't think of
Simple easy day stuff that she would just cry over. Now she doesn't. If she does though, she doesn't get her "stick in her chore chart" At the end of the day, if all the chores have a stick, she gets a sticker. If she gets a sticker everyday that week, she gets something special. Haven't done this long enough for that something special. This Saturday, if she gets all her stickers, she'll get something special. We are having another birthday party for her with the Buck side. Going to Peter Piper Pizza, so we can find something special there. :)


Kendal is OCD, as I mentioned in my last post. Took some more photos of her OCD-ness. She puts away her toys now by color.


Myee playing with Kendal and letters! Right before she rolled from her tummy to her back for the FIRST time! She's rolled back to belly. Still need to try to capture that on video. She's too fast or it's not when I have my camera ready.




Another OCD thing. She lines her things up. Coloring books.


Ok, story to go with this. Tanner thought it would be fun to teach Kendal how to pose in a break dancing pose. Make sense? Basically, you lay on your arms with your stomach and lift your legs in the air. Well, after trying a few times, Kendal sort of got it. But the next day, she made her ballerina barbie do it.


And lining her barbies up too! She got these from her birthday and LOVES them :)


She is so strong and loves to be on her tummy. Well, until today when she learned how to flip over!




So life is going really good right now! Hopefully moving soon. There was some bad communication about the place we want to move to. It's a REALLY long story and I don't feel like typing it out. Basically we'll find out on the 1st of August if we're moving. Now that I have figured out more about Kendal and getting Mylee into a nice routine! Life is sweet. I do have some funny stories to share. I think they're all about Kendal....


First story...Remember how Kendal had pink eye? Well, we had to put eye drops in her eyes. 3x's a day 2 drops in each eye for a week. After doing eye drops as directed for about 4 days, I couldn't find the eye drops anymore. In a way I was sort of relieved. Putting these drops in was KILLER! Kendal screaming the whole time and us having to pry her eyes open. It was hard. Anyway, I always left them on the counter so I would know where they were. Well, after looking for a while I never found them. A few days later, like 2 days, I found the drops on the TV stand behind our thermometer. I picked it up and said to Kendal "Look what I found!" Kendal's reply was this "haha! I hid them from you!" I couldn't believe she did that! I didn't think she was THAT smart. I thought wrong! 


I have been pumping now for a week. All meals. It's so nice! Some people who I tell, think I'm crazy. I don't see why. Mylee is still getting breastmilk and pumping is much easier than trying to nurse. I'm going to talk to the Dr about this at Mylee's 4 month check up. Maybe we can find a solution to fix nursing, but for now...I'm pumping every 3 hours. Mylee eats like every 5 hours and eats about 6oz every feeding. I'm pumping extra so I have milk in case she does another growth spurt and decides to eat 9oz every 3 hours! Crazy times! But I do LOVE knowing how much she eats. Anyway, back to the story. One day, can't remember what day it was, but I was making banana muffins because our bananas were about to go bad. Mylee had woken up but had fallen back asleep. Before she fell asleep though, I warmed a bottle and had it ready. But like I said she fell back asleep. I left the bottle out cuz I knew she'd be waking up soon. About 30 minutes later, she woke up. I got her out of her bed, laid her on the nursing pillow on the floor so that I could fold her bed and put it away. As I was doing this, she began to cry. My sweet Kendal rushed over, got the bottle and started to feed her! I was so impressed! Kendal feed her the whole bottle as I finished the muffins. About the time I put the muffins in the oven, Mylee was done eating. It was so awesome!! 


I guess this story really isn't a story or about Kendal. But I absolutely love Mylee. She is so easy to please! The thing I love most is how easily she falls asleep. With Kendal it was so difficult. I never let her self sooth, mainly cuz I didn't want to hear her cry. But naptime was impossible. She never slept through the night. But Mylee, I just lay her in her bed and give her her binky and blanket and she's out. At night she sleeps 8 or 9 hours and is up to eat then back to bed for another 3 or 4 hours. Love this girl! 


It's amazing how sweet my life is now that I've given up the computer. I really only get on when I have alone time, which is very rare! I've also made it a goal to not go to bed until my house is clean. Makes the mornings nice and the days better! Never trying to catch up because I'm always ahead! It's especially nice now that I'm pumping every 3 hours. That is somewhat time consuming. Anyway, another update this weekend, hopefully. We go in for Mylee's 4 month check up! A few days early but our insurance is up at the end of the month! Got to get her in before that is over! :)

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Love those sweet little girls!