Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bugs Me When...(WARNING...venting below..read at your own risk)


Do you have things that bug you? I do. One thing that is really starting to get on my nerves is when people say..."Oh I love your work....you MUST have a nice camera/lens."


AH!




When you eat dinner at someone's house, do you say to them..."That meal was really delicious....you MUST have a nice OVEN?" 


-OR-


When when someone finishes a race...."Oh wow, you ran really fast, you must have nice shoes."


-OR-


When a cute outfit is sown..."Oh wow, that is a beautiful dress...you MUST have a nice sewing machine."


No you don't. Give credit where credit is deserved. (Hope that makes sense, I think I just made that up.)


This is not directed in anyone specific...I have had a lot of people say that to me... "you MUST have a nice/expensive camera/lens." Well...yes I do. But it's affordable. You get one and try to get the photos I take yourself. It bugs me! 


I love my photography and I can finally say that. It's NOT just my nice camera. It's talent, knowledge and editing skills.


Another thing, if I may....I jumped on facebook yesterday because I heard a good friend had her baby. She doesn't blog and so the only way I'd see her baby is through facebook. (FYI: I deleted my facebook account 4 months ago.) I got on my hubby's and after 5 minutes of looking at people's status updates, I remembered why I left. Yes, I'll admit, this was me. People post "I should really get off my butt and clean my house" "I should really....." "I just did this...." "I'm at the grocery store..." Fill in the blank. Doesn't that get annoying to sit and read your 200+ friend's status updates? I was the one doing that and I was obsessed with facebook. But I can't imagine ever wanting to desire to get back on. What a waste. 


Again...sorry for my venting. It's my blog...I can vent if I want to :) 

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That would bug me too. You really do take wonderful pictures. I WISH I was as good as you. In fact, if you lived here, I'd probably be asking you to show me a thing or two about photography.

And you're totally right, you wouldn't say those things to someone. That would get extremely frustrating.

By the way, I love your blog. You must have a great blog host! ;)

Emily Buck said...

Hahaha good one!! That is awesome!

theSalongaFOUR said...

Maybe that was me you were checking up on? Lol! I just stalked your sister and found your blogs again. I really need go get back to blogging! I miss you!