Thursday, October 27, 2011

6 Month Comparison And Who Does Mylee Look Like?

When Kendal was 6 months I took some really cute photos of her wearing this really cute jacket. Well...yesterday when Tanner got home, we tried to re-do some of Mylee in the jacket. I shot with a different lens so maybe I'll take some more with the lens I used to take Kendal's. Make sense? Here's Kendal at 6 months...isn't she beautiful!?





And now...Mylee

Don't you just LOVE her gummy smile?!? Won't be gummy for too much longer! Her first tooth broke through on Monday! And a second is right behind. Poor thing has been in so much pain! 




 Funny how different they look to me. 


At the beginning of the month, Mylee started army crawling. She is everywhere now! Just yesterday, Kendal was getting really frustrated because Mylee was chasing her around the room trying to get her puzzle pieces. I couldn't help but laugh....and laugh and laugh. It really was so funny. Mylee is quick these days. Mylee can also get from the sitting position to crawling without falling. She is one strong little chick.  She is also VERY VERY dramatic! I'm going to have my hands full with her. I laugh though. I know she was sent to me as a second child because Kendal has really taught me a lot and I think if Mylee were first born....we'd all be dead. When Mylee doesn't get what she wants, which she wants anything and everything we have, she holds her arms straight out to the side and tightens them, holds her breath and then releases with a huge grunt. It is so funny!! Tanner saw it for the first time yesterday and about died. I really am truly grateful Mylee is my second child. I am able to enjoy her dramatic-ness a whole lot more. I love it! 


Another thing I've been wanting to do is compare baby photos with Mylee and Tanner and I. I have heard Kendal's whole life how much she looks like Tanner...and I 100% agree. With Mylee, I've heard both.  Choose for yourself. What do you think? Who does Mylee look like?



Tanner...










Emily...












Mylee...





This past Sunday I taught in Relief Society for my very first time. I absolutely LOVED it! It was so fun to be up there and interacting with the women. I hope they ask me to teach again...I honestly had fun. 

Also, I ran another 5k last night...not in a race...just the 3.1 miles. My sweet IPOD tanner got me for my birthday has workout modes on it and tracks distance and time. I love it. I was able to run the 3 miles a little faster than in my race and I even felt I could go faster than I did, but I was with some friends and didn't want to leave them. I felt 100% better last night than I did on Saturday. My legs were not about to give out last night and I didn't cramp up. It was amazing! I've been running every other day and on the days I don't run I do some weight training. Just after 3 days of working out I was able to run better. I can't wait for my next 5k race on November 5th! 

6 comments:

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Sweet! I think Mylee looks more like you because of her darker eyes. Cool that you are doing a 5k. Where is it?

SSToone said...

Well I think that Mylee still looks like Tanner but perhaps she has your general face shape and nose. The last pic of you looks like your mom and the second to last looks like either Abigail or Amelia! Beckham got his tooth on Friday and the other is about to bust out. Definitely mobile pivoting and rolling everywhere, but still tips sitting!

SSToone said...

Not 100% on the nose, but the rest yes.

Brooke said...

Hmmm, I'm having a hard time deciding who she looks like. I don't think she looks like either of you at that same age. Is that weird?

Anyway, you taught in RS? Oh my!! I just got that calling and I teach for the first time this coming Sunday... I'M SO SCARED!! Definitely NOT the calling I would have chosen for myself. YIKES!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, we'll see if I enjoy it as much as you did.

Sandra said...

I still can't decide who Mylee looks like...she is her own little person right now!

The Pritchard Party said...

So cute about Mylee's drama :) I love when little kids throw tantrums. It really is funny.

I think Mylee is actually a good mix between you two!

And way to go for being so good about exercising! I would totally run with you, but can't since I'm pregnant and I wasn't able to run beforehand. Maybe after!!