Thursday, August 25, 2011

Since having children 3 years ago, I've needed a "something" that made me happy. Something that could help me get through the days. Something that re-energized me. A release. Being a mom is HARD WORK. It's very fun, but man it's all I do 24/7 365 days a year! With all my life devoted to my children, I wanted to find something for me. I totally thought it'd be working out. I love to work out. But right now it's way to DANG hot outside. (110+ ALL this week.) I don't really get motivated to work out even at 6am. So...with being so busy with mommy-hood, I have forgotten about my "something" Until recently. I cook dinners. I make breakfast and lunch. I just never thought about doing more. I have been getting out of my 2 week meal plan routine and finding more things to throw in the routine. And I have loved it. Over a year ago I bought a bread machine...$13 at goodwill....yes I am that cheap. But I never used it til about a week ago when I made bagels. Oh so yummy. And oh so easy!  I'm excited to throw in some "toppings" like cinnamon and raisins. (My favorite type of bagel.) I've also made some pretzel bites, and tuna salad. Kendal seems to get hungry in between meals. So I'm trying to find snacky type foods. Healthy stuff....or somewhat healthy. Anything better than cookies. :) With making the bagels, I have really realized how much I enjoy cooking/baking. Now that I know what most ingredients are, I am not scared to try anything. I'm typing this as I'm eating the tuna salad I just made. Simply wonderful. Oh ya, I also made these


Feels good to finally have something I can do that completes me happiness. 

1 comment:

SSToone said...

You Toone ladies have the knack and desire for it! I'm always amazed by people's ease with baking. I did this http://picky-palate.com/2010/12/06/brownie-covered-oreos/ and it was a big step/deal for me! Lame!:)

I am glad someone plans meals. When I try to, then something comes up and what I planned takes too much time then I wonder what to make and I am just too wishy washy! Ehh! You should just make a post (after the fact) of what you made for din each day that week. I'm curious?