Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little Bit of Kendal

The other day we went to the park to photograph some kiddos for the contest I have starting tomorrow and Kendal decided to copy her friends and climb a tree...but she isn't as good as her friends...she got STUCK!

She was in there good and tight! Funny girl!

I've going back and forth on whether or not I should take away Kendal's naps. If she does get a nap...she's up til 11pm!! Mommy can't do that anymore! We've been waking up early to go hiking, so if I don't get to bed early, obviously I'm tired the next day. So yesterday was day 2 of no naps and it went pretty good. Mylee slept a lot yesterday so I was able to capture some photos of Kendal girl playing.

Kendal has always loved to jump. I wanted to buy a trampoline for her but we don't have the yard for one...so I found this joy at goodwill for $8!



Kendal likes to lay under the trampoline and bounce her toys.

In our motorhome, I had painted some wood with chalkboard paint. Kendal had a blast with the walls, so when we sold the motorhome, I took the boards out and now use them in the new place. I don't want to nail the boards up putting holes in the wall...so we just pull it out of storage every now and then for her to draw on.
She has been drawing "people" for a while now. I just haven't had a chance to take a picture of it. In the above drawing, she drew Daddy. But she drew him too close to the edge, so he only has one arm lol She was mad and erased him. haha

So...keeping on with the no nap thing...we were very busy moving from one activity to the next. Next on the list...we played with letters! She loves her letters and knows most of them by sight but knows all their sounds. I was so afraid I was going to have a dumb kid because I didn't like school and had no clue how to teach letters and counting. But it really isn't has hard as I thought it would be. Kids are smarter than we think! :)

Kendal loves to wear Mommy and Daddy's shoes. From my high heels to Daddy's HUGE work boots...it doesn't matter. She, in the photo above, is trying to tie my running shoes. She gets frustrated because she doesn't know how...maybe it's time to teach her!

LEGOS! We LOVE legos in our house! She is always pretending to build helicopters and tall buildings. She likes to try to get the building as tall as her...but her building is so narrow it always crashes down. So we've been trying to teach her to build it thicker so it's sturdy. She's getting it!

HAHA! She is soo funny!

After playing all day, come 5pm she was tired! Probably wasn't a good idea to put on a movie...but I needed to start dinner....

I woke her up and we played candyland! She loves this game!
Well here's to day 3 with no nap! It's easy on Sundays to go without a nap because by the time we get home from church it's halfway through naptime! :) Wish us luck!

1 comment:

SSToone said...

Looks like Kendal has a lot of fun and some cool toys! My mom has a trampoline that same size and McKelle likes jumping on it! When we finally move again, we'll get a big one.

Has Kendal watched the Letter Factory DVD I sent? She will know all her letters by sight if she watches it! Numbers were the most difficult thing to get into McKelle's head but she's finally figured them.

As for naptime, I don't sweat it if it doesn't happen, but I would never refuse her if she wanted one. McKelle seems to still need one based on her behavior by evening time. If she's playing with friends or cousins you'd never know but she gets on my nerves!:)

With Kendal falling asleep like that, it seems like a sign she still needs one? Maybe you should just limit how late in the day she takes one and the duration. Probably would help with the 11pm bedtime.