Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Time In A LONG Time...

Today I have learned a new meaning of love. I knew it all along. But never was able to be successful at loving. Now, I have loved before but nothing like this. Today I am happy to say that I am truly in LOVE with my husband. I have always loved him. But I loved him for all the wrong reasons. There may have been different points in our marriage where I have truly loved him but that went away. I now see that I have one amazing husband and I truly LOVE him with all my heart. I can now say I love everything about him. I love his love for cars and guns. Before, it ANNOYED me HOW much he talked about them! But maybe in a way I was just jealous because I didn't have something like that. His knowledge of cars and guns truly amazes me. I love how he is a busy body. He is always having to do something or he goes crazy! Like father like daughter. Kendal is a total Daddy's Girl. Not only because she LOVES his sooo much but she is a spitting image of him. It is so funny to sit and watch both of them when they are together. When we go out, they look at the same things, investigating, searching to find out how and why it works. They both get very, VERY distracted. Sometimes while in conversation with Tanner, he'll stop talking, look at me and say something about a COMPLETELY different topic. Same thing with Kendal. The other day I asked her for a kiss and as she walked towards me to kiss me....her head turned slightly to the side and she saw something she had to go explore without Mommy getting her kiss.

It's funny to look back on our first year of marriage up to now. I was always so mad at him for such little things. He would go to the grocery store to get milk and be gone for longer than an hour! I would call, he wouldn't answer. So I waited and waited until he came home. "Where were you??" "I was at the store getting milk" "Oh it took you an HOUR!?" "Oh...um...car and driver had a really good article about blah blah blah" So he would just stand there in the isle reading his car magazines and be in his own little world. I bet someone could rob him while he was reading and he wouldn't even know! :) But when he got home I would be soo ticked at him. Don't talk to me kind of ticked. Which I see now is silly. Tanner needs some time to himself. He works so incredibly hard and he does so much for our family, why can't he have time to read his car magazines?!

Anyway, I love him. I'm so grateful I have Tanner in my life. And I'm so grateful I can finally say that and truly mean it! Life is great!

1 comment:

theSalongaFOUR said...

Awww. This made me so happy.