Monday, January 26, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings...


I've been married for almost 2 years now, in April, and I am still learning A LOT! I kind of have a lot on my mind right now. I just read a story about a little girl who wasn't quite 2 and just passed away today. This little girl had been sick from the start. It took them 6 months to figure out that something was wrong with this little girl. She wouldn't sleep, she'd cry every moment she was awake and soon couldn't swallow without choking really bad. This little girl was diagnosed with krabbes disease. She was not expected to live longer than two years old. Her mother wrote in a web journal yesterday saying how she watched her little girl die for the 2nd time. The little girl did not take a breath for almost 10 minutes. They were saying their goodbyes when the little girl started breathing again. But this morning, this little girl passed away. How hard would that be? That really got me thinking about my little girl. I've taken her for granted while going through my depression. It's been so hard for ME to be happy lately and really love my family. But after reading this families story, I've got it easy. How lucky am I to have a sweet caring husband who is there for me when I need him, who loves me NO MATTER what I do and who will stick up for me when someone is rude. (punched a guys car door in because he almost hit me with his car. Pretty funny story) BUT I also have this sweet little baby who needs me to be happy. I guess reading this story made me realize how good I really have it. 


Here's the story if you want to read it too. www.caringbridge.org/visit/zoealexis

3 comments:

Stefany said...

Amen to that Emily!!! We never really truly appreciate our personal trials and struggles until we know of someone (or hear of someone) that is going through something much worse. It makes us feel fortunate and we gain a new found strength to get through what we are going through at the moment. My sister was good friends with the Mother of Zoe so I was following her story as well. Very sad!

Jenna Eve said...

Emily it's me Jenna, from the ward. I totally want to have a playdate sometime. Also I was looking at your photography website. Is that $25 including the cd? Cute pics, and I found your blog on a friends? crazy.

thesvancaras said...

hey Emm, I missed you at the shower! Its a bummer you could not get off work. We had fun, I got lots of much needed things for the babe. We need to hang out soon!