Saturday, July 26, 2008

She's Here!!!



My favorite picture! : )



Our little bundle of joy, Kendal Buck, arrived on July 22, 2008 at 2:56pm. Kendal weighed 8lbs 3oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.

After going to the Doctor's on Monday afternoon, Doctor decided it was best if I were induced. (One week early.) We went to the hospital that night and started all the medicine around 11:30pm. I ended up getting an epidural around 6:30am because the contractions were horrible!! I pushed for a total of 3 long exhausting hours! And finally she came!! It was the neatest experience ever!! (Don't plan to experience that for a few years lol) Normally, when babies first come out, they let out this big cry. Not Kendal! They put her on my tummy and she was just was so peaceful and looking around. They flicked her feet and kept pestering her, but she still wouldn't cry. Even when they gave her her shots, she did not cry! They only time I heard her cry was when they were bathing her. Even now Kendal never cries, unless she's getting a bath or needs a diaper change. Most of the time I have to wake her up to eat! She sleeps very well through the night and is so calm. When she is awake, she's very alert and content. She loves her daddy very much. She hears his voice and her head hurries and looks over towards him. Tanner is such a wonderful daddy and husband. With the delivery, he was there encouraging me on and letting me know how super close I was to having her out! I did tear when she came out, a 4th degree, and Tanner has been helping out so much around the house. It's so wonderful!!

July 22 is a special date for Tanner and I. Two years ago on that date we had our very first date. It's kind of neat that we, two years after our first date, we have our first baby! Crazy how fast time flies!

Well, here are some pictures of Kendal! Enjoy!











5 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

She's beautiful Emily! It's amazing how much love you have instantly for those little babies huh?! I'm glad to hear that your delivery was a smooth ride....for the most part! You didn't seem to have any major complications. That's great! She's a doll and I love that first picture of her too. Congratulations!

Leslie said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad you survived the delivery, I remember there were times that I thought I was really going to die. Babies are such miracles. Enjoy every minute.

Colin Moses said...

awww she is sooo beautiful emily! congrats to you two! youll be great parents!!!

Christi Pobst said...

Congrats! How exciting for the BUCKS!! She is so beautiful!

Mama J said...

AWW YAY! Ive been checking your blog to see her and YAY! She is here, i am glad that everything went okay. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! I bet your Mom is just extatic!