Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hiking

This new year Tanner and I have been doing more. Tanner gets off work somewhat early from work and we really wouldn't do anything. He'd come home and we'd do this and that, eat dinner and then watch some tv and go to bed. Not a very exciting life. But we have been going out more. Saturday we practically had the WHOLE day together...ALONE! The Buck's...my in laws :)...were awesome and watched the girls so that Tanner and I could go to the Temple. I'm embarrassed to say when the last time we went was...but it was so nice to go back. After the Temple, we did lunch and then picked up the girls. Later that evening we had a young woman from our ward babysit. She needed volunteer hours for school and we were happy to volunteer our kids! We went to dinner at Ah-So. We had the cook cook our food in front of us. That was entertaining. 

Anyway, the reason of this post is we've been hiking lately. There is a hill by us that is paved to the top that I hike twice a week. That same location there are three hills, not paved, and pretty steep that we've hiked a few times now. Here are a few pics from yesterday's hike, I didn't feel like lugging my nice camera along, some of the parts of the hill are straight up/down with lots of loose rocks...didn't want to ruin my camera. So these pics aren't the best quality but who cares. :)







2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the pictures and all the exciting news! That's so cool that you are actually going to do that half marathon, I'm super impressed! I'm glad you and Tanner got to go on a date. Jared and I don't get many dating opportunities but aren't they nice! We often end up talking about kids anyway. Hope your legs feel good for the run. As always your daughters are so darling!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Where is that at? It looks a lot the mountain trails near Tony's parents house that we climbed a lot when we were dating. Is the mountain that's near the Loop 101 and 16st street?