Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweet Kendal

I realized yesterday how great it is to look back at some of the old posts. I enjoyed watching the videos and seeing the photos. So I really want to try to blog about everything on here so when it comes time to scrap booking I can just print and journal this with the photos.

With that being said...my sweet Kendal woke up this morning, pretty early, and came into my room. I was still sound asleep. I hear this sweet voice say "Good morning Mommy. The sun is up." (side note: we've taught Kendal that when the sun goes down, it is bedtime, or close to it. And when the sun is up we can then wake up.) So after hearing her say this I rolled over and gave her a kiss and she says to me "You are the best ever, Mom" My heart melted! I have no idea where she learned this from. Tanner and I don't say it to her. We usually say "you are so awesome/amazing." I loved hearing that.

Later in the day, we were out cleaning our "redneck" yard. We finally bought a shed so that our storage wasn't under the motor home. Tanner had to level the ground so that the shed would fit together correctly. He was using a flat head shovel and Kendal wanted to be like Daddy. She went and got a broom and started doing the same exact thing as Daddy.

She tries so hard to be like us. I'm really learning that her love language is quality time. (If you don't know what I'm referring to as love language read THIS book. I've read it before, but Kendal was a little to young to know her primary language. I really need to read it again to better that relationship.) Lately, Kendal has been saying "Mommy come and play with me" "Mommy, watch me" "Daddy come her and look what I can do" I spend a lot of time with her but she is begging for more now. Does she know that in just a few short months her time with Mommy and Daddy will be shortened? I really want to try and keep our time with her special after Mylee arrives. Last night Tanner was saying how we need to develop some sort of tag team. Switching off between the two princesses. It was really encouraging to hear him say that because he is so busy and sometimes distracted with the TV or computer that he really doesn't help out. BUT I'm fine with it, most the time. He works SO hard for us and he needs his downtime.

Anyway, that's all for now. Just wanted to write the stories down so I remember them later :)

1 comment:

Steven and Chelsea said...

One of my friends suggested that when you have a second child...when dad comes home, have him go straight to your oldest (before kissing you, kissing the new baby, anything). Have him spend 10 mins with just your oldest and then they can both go find mom and the baby. I obviously don't know if it works but I thought it was good advice to make sure your oldest feels special :)