Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One Year And Counting

Tomorrow is the official ONE YEAR mark of my family living in our motor home. Can not believe that not only did I agree to live in this but to last a year! I'm pretty impressed with myself. I don't think I've really shown what our place looks like, but I plan to do a video walk through and post it. I've had lots of people ask how life is living in a motor home. How everything works and what not, I'll post the video soon and will hopefully answer questions. Now, living here has NOT been the easiest thing, the funnest thing, or even what I EVER imagined where I'd be. BUT I WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!! Think about it. How much is JUST a mortgage on a house? $1,000-$2,000? JUST the MORTGAGE. Don't even think about water, electricity, HOA and whatever else you have to pay. (I don't even want to think about it! Makes me SICK!) Our motor home...WE OWN!!! We bought it with CASH! No monthly mortgage. No HOA bullcrap. Just rent because we don't have our own land. And right now we pay $450 a month for EVERYTHING!!!! Water, trash, electricity, internet is also included. But get this. The people's land in which in we live on made us a great deal and because of my WONDERFUL husband....we clean out horses stalls, cow pen, and feed the horses and that basically pays for rent. So I've mentioned the option of buying a house. And as you probably understood...we will NEVER buy a house. Call me crazy, I think YOU all who pay that much a MONTH for a house are nuts! Difference in opinions :) So the other way of living is an apartment. Need I say more?! haha! With the video I post you will hopefully see how small our living space is. We are thinking about upgrading to something bigger. A trailer with slide outs. We've been looking for a month or so and the price just isn't right for any we find. We really don't want to take out a loan, so we will probably be in this motor home for a while longer. And I'm completely fine with that. We'll just need to figure out something for the summer heat. Kendal and I died last summer :)

Now...how in the world did I make it a whole year in the motor home? I'll admit it...I DID NOT like this thing when we first got it. Actually, I didn't like it until we moved off my in-laws land. No offence to them...but we all know how wonderful it was to be out of high school and still living under mommy and daddy's roof. Same thing. We moved and got our own space and now things are marvelous! :) There are still times, especially more recently because I'm a growing mommy, where I just want something bigger! But I realize how much I hate to clean and how little it takes me to clean my home. Can't complain about that. There are lots of reminders of how much better I would have it in the motor home than a big house. Big house meaning...a 3 bedroom.
Even a 2 bedroom. Even a ONE bedroom!

Do the BEST with what you have! That runs through my head a lot during the day. Tanner and I can't and don't want to pay for anything more than what we have now. I'm fine with it if it means less financial stress for us.

Happy One Year! Here's to many more! Yes! That's right! MANY more in a motor home. May not be this specific one...but it will be one. :)

This post is in no way of bashing anyone. Just celebrating one whole year in our motor home.

2 comments:

thesvancaras said...

our mortgage is only $610 for a 4 bed 3 bath and $30 HOA. Just saying their are options with the market now a days. glad you here you three.. soon to be 4 are doing so well!

Emily Buck said...

Too much to clean lol Busy life and a 2 year old I wouldn't want to miss playing with cuz i have so much to clean or what not. LOL Chorse suck. I'd rather play :) But on top of the mortgage don't you have water, trash and other things to pay? Just curious? :)